Friday, September 6, 2013

I'm Crunchy but....



I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Do you like any natural living facebook pages that make you feel bad about yourself?  Oh you know the ones.  Where they post pictures of their child's lunch and it includes things like homemade hummus,  quinoa protein balls, jicama sticks, and an apple cider vinegar energy drink.

I can't help but feel overwhelmed when I begin snooping around on those pages.  While I encourage their message of healthy living, I leave feeling very inadequate.

When you come visit us I hope that you get a sense of practicality.  I hope you feel included and not judged.

Sure, I use cloth wipes instead of toilet paper, BUT, I drive a gas guzzling SUV and I always forget my reusable shopping bags.  The point is, we all have our things.  My thing may not be your thing or his thing, but it may align with her thing.  Know what I mean?  Learning about all things organic and natural is a long process.  We need to be helping each other out and patting each other on the back for taking strides in the right direction.  This is not a competition folks.

Katie and I like to think of ourselves as Crunchy for Dummies.  We enjoy getting to chat with people who are brand new to this Crunchy lifestyle and looking for easy help transitioning their daily habits, but we also love being challenged by Crunchy Goddesses that know more than we do.

This is a message from us to you letting you know that we were all new to this lifestyle at some point and we can never stop learning about it.  We are an inclusive Crunchy Bunch and we are glad that you're here!




2 comments:

  1. I just found you ladies and I think I might be in love! Thank you for all that you do to make us other Crunchy mamas better one day at a time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE IT, ladies!!!! I just found you tonight, and am already loving your blog! :D

    ReplyDelete