Monday, May 6, 2013

Getting to Know a Crunchy Mama

Seeing as you let us make a cream to rub on your child's butt and you let our NIPSTICK get to second base, we figured we should let you get to know us a little better.

I put my interview skills to work and asked Katie 20 questions to help all of our Crunchy fans see a different side of the short haired Crunchy Mama.

Here you have it.

20 Questions with Katie Lynn 
(I often say her first and middle name with a southern accent, you are free to do the same)



1. What is your un-crunchy guilty pleasure?
There are so many. Bud Light, Diet Pepsi and Chinese food are probably at the top.

2. What did you study in college?
I majored in Corrections. From there I was a Probation Officer for 5 years until I had kids and decided I should probably stay home with them since my husband had a REALLY crappy schedule.

3. Have you ever peed your pants from laughing too hard?
Uuuum, yes. Not full on pee, but pee squirts of joy for sure. This has also happened while sneezing, coughing or just holding it for too long.

4. What is your favorite song?
There is no way for me to choose just one. Anything with a tune that I can sing in an opera voice.

5. What is your favorite essential oil?
Just one! Ahhhhh, the misery! I am going to go ahead and think if this is a doomy, end of world scenario. Because that's what you mean right??  I would have to pick lavender then. Very all purpose.

6. What is your least favorite household chore?
LAUNDRY! I hate it with a passion.

7. How many dogs do you have?
Well, that is a complicated question. I have three that are permanently mine, but will foster up to three additional dogs at a time. I am a little obsessed. I'm a dog nerd and I can fully admit it.

8. Where do you get your favorite French fries?
Not McDonald's like Ashley does. I think they are evil, yet I can go through Taco Bell drive thru and somehow justify it...favorite fries are the crinkle cut, really greasy ones that you can only find in dive bars.

9. Do you prefer beards or freshly shaven?
Freshly shaven. However, that is probably only because my husband can't grow a beard to save his life.

10. What was the name of your first pet?
The one that mattered was my Cocker Spaniel, Sadie. Got her when I was 13 years old and she was MINE. Best dog to ever grace my life. 

11. What is your favorite Crunchy Mamas product?
This is killing me. So hard to pick one, but if I must...Smelly Face. With Achy Breaky as a second. 

12. How do you like your eggs?
Over medium. Bet you're all glad you know that next time you make me breakfast...

13. How long were you a vegetarian?
12 years. Now everyone is wondering why I stopped. The extremely short version is that I started raising my own and my perspective changed. 

14. Why do you keep your hair so short?
Because I don't like to conform and I can't stand long hair on me. I also hate taking a lot of time to get ready in the morning. I have always hated my hair and have never known what to do with it without using a bunch of crappy, chemical products. One day I got fed up and just shaved it. Well, actually my husband shaved it for me.

15. What is your dream car?
Old Jeeps and Subaru's are where it's at for me.

16. How long have you and your husband been married?
10 years.  

17. What has been your favorite vacation?
Well, funny thing. Our 10 year Anniversary trip. We left for 5 days with no kids and toured Central and Eastern Oregon with no plan. It was AWESOME!

18. How long have you had your Kansas City sweat pants?
Haha! Uummm, since Middle School! They are so comfortable and I just can't let them go for some reason. I even had my sister replace the elastic in the waist one time.

19. What was your favorite movie as a kid?
The one that first popped into my mind was Encino Man. My sister and I watched that over and over.

20. What is your all purpose cleaner recipe?
Equal parts vodka and water, mixed with the essential oil of the moment(such as lavender, lemon, a couple drops oregano, maybe some sweet orange, even done peppermint)

Thanks Katie!  We are all better off knowing how you like your eggs.


1 comment:

  1. I love getting to know you! And if I get my druthers, and set up a booth next to you at the Independence Riverfest, I will get to know you even better...

    ReplyDelete