Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Getting to know a Crunchy Mama, Ashley style

You all got to know me a few days ago.  Now it is time to meet the other one.  Yep, you guessed it.  Ashley's turn.  You can finally learn all those little things about this Crunchy Mama that you never thought you would know and few you will wish you never knew.  Ashley is a loose cannon, you just don't ever know what she's gonna say, so here it goes:


20 Questions with Ashley Joan
(that middle name came from her Mom's adorable twin, Joannie!)


1.  Where did you come from?
I was birthed by the one and only Jeannie Newman in Staples, Minnesota.  Well, can I technically say "one and only" considering she is an identical twin?

2.  What is your favorite TV show?
I really want to answer with some cult classic, hipster show like Freaks and Geeks or Portlandia (both shows I enjoy) but if we're being honest here, Revenge and Scandal.  I'm addicted.  I've even been known to get suckered into a certain reality show that involves rose ceremonies and group dates...

3.  How did you meet your husband?
We went to High School together and then later in life he facebook stalked me and asked me out.  Who knew that the guy I was madly in love with in high school felt the same?  Only took us six years after graduating to figure it out.

4.  What is your favorite un-crunchy guilty pleasure?
Egg shaped Reeses peanut butter cups with a diet pepsi on the side.

5.  Why do you have so many kids?
Because I had to keep going until I got a red head!

6.  How do you feel about beer?
The darker the better.  I like 'em stout.

7.  How many times do you shower per week?
2-3 (seriously).  It all depends on how productive I'm feeling during quiet time - because this is the only time I can shower without a toddler playing peek-a-boo with the shower curtain.

8.  How do you generally feel towards food?
I'm addicted and I eat until I hate myself.  You won't ever hear me say "I'm satisfied, that salad really filled me up."  But I will definitely mutter, "Pull over, I'm going to puke, I ate too many ribs."

9.  What is your favorite Crunchy Mamas product?
Crap.  This is hard.  It's a toss up between Smelly Face and Scab Stick.

10.  What do you look for in a man?
Height.  I like a tall guy and I got one!  Oh, and I LOVE beards and guys that actually get my jokes.

11.  What kind of laundry detergent do you use?
I don't.  I just use a Tablespoon of Dr. Bronner's unscented soap and add a few drops of whatever essential oil is handy(tea tree, cedarwood, lavender, eucalyptus...) and that seems to work fine.

12.  What annoys you the most?
The word "sneakers".

13.  Where would your dream house be located?
Right next to wherever Katie's dream house is...because she makes really good soup and I want to be nearby when she makes it.

14.  What did you want to be growing up?
A figure skater.  Special thanks to my brother(Katie's husband) for taking that dream and crushing it until it was unrecognizable.

15.  Do you have any regrets?
YES!!  I fed Philip (my oldest son) soy formula and pumped him full of vaccines.  I have so much guilt about that.

16.  How old are you?
I will be 28 in July - the 15th to be exact, in case you want to send me a card.

17.  What do you do to pass the time when you get bored?
You know I have 4 kids right?  In the rare event that I am truly bored, I will pack up the kids and go for a drive and get ice cream cones.

18.  What is your #1 go to essential oil?
Tea tree.  I love that stuff - so many beneficial purposes.

19.  What celebrity do you secretly wish was your best friend?
Jack Donaghy.  Not Alec Baldwin, just a character he played on TV.

20.  What is one item on your bucket list?
I really want to have a home birth but that's not happening.  For some reason my husband isn't keen on me crowning in a kiddie pool.  A more realistic one is that I want to learn German.  Wunderbar and Guten Tag...I know two words, I'm on my way!

Ok, seriously Ashley?  Who in the heck is Jack Donaghy?  And if you do ever decide to have a home birth, don't invite me, you know how I am.

2 comments:

  1. Jack Donaghy! I totally agree, and if you two have lunch I want to come :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Sneakers'...totally agree..gives me goosebumps!
    'Reese's eggs'..is there anything better?
    'Four kids'..ME TOO!

    Can't wait to try your products!

    ReplyDelete