Monday, February 18, 2013

Product Profile: NIPSTICK



I've been pregnant for most of my life.  (I also have a chronic disease called "over exaggerating").  My last little guy gave me a run for my money when it came to nursing.  He came out HUNGRY and knowing exactly what he was doing.  When he was one week old my husband woke up in the middle of the night to me crying and when he asked what was wrong I responded:

"HE HURTS ME.  THIS CHILD COULD SUCK A NAIL OUT OF A WALL!!!"

We laughed about it.  I cried some more.  I wiped up the blood.  Then I proceeded to put some crappy nipple cream on that did nothing.

I'm a few weeks from birthing another babe.  With some serious nudging from me (and my nipples) Katie and I got to work on NIPSTICK.  We researched the best oils to use and came up with something amazing.

NIPSTICK contains:

  • organic unrefined coconut oil - Natures band aid!  An effective moisturizer on all skin types.  Helps prevent aging skin and sagging of skin.  (*ehem* I don't know about you but this is an area where I am eager to prevent sagging skin...)
  • beeswax - this is mainly used to help the stick stay firm and easy to apply.  We get our beeswax supply from Mountain Rose Herbs.
  • organic calendula oil - speeds up the healing of wounds.  "Contains a high content of flavonoids that act as antioxidants in the body."  (www.herbwisdom.com)
  • organic tamanu oil - a thick, healing oil that works wonderfully on all skin types.  Hydrates the skin and helps eliminate swelling.
  • vitamin e - contains high levels of antioxidants that help the healing of skin problems.  Vitamin e helps skin retain moisture and gives the skin a healthier and fresher appearance.
  • organic helichrysum essential oil - most importantly, helichrysum is an emollient, which means that it makes the skin smooth and prevents cracking.  It is also known to help with aches and pains.  Helichrysum has an uplifting aroma and has been identified as a mood lifter.  Who doesn't need a boost in their mood shortly after having a baby?!
  • organic lavender essential oil - an excellent form of natural pain relief.  Lavender helps restore skin elasticity and soothes wounds. 
  • organic roman chamomile essential oil - commonly known as a tonic that helps firm up and tone muscles and skin.  Successfully disinfects cuts and wounds.

We recently offered a guinea pig opportunity to try out our NIPSTICK and we were thrilled with the results!  We would like to address the feedback.

Most of our testers didn't love that the label suggests you wash off the product before nursing.  For the record, Katie and I are no experts.  We can't responsibly tell you it is safe for your newborn to ingest our product.  Basically, we advise to wash it off because we don't want to get sued (which wouldn't really benefit you - all you'd come out with is a few chickens, a 1996 honda civic with a headlight out, and a large stash of dry beans) and because most of the other labels we saw suggested the same thing.  Another gal suggested that the half ounce tube is too large and there is no way she'd need all of it.  I have a solution to that!!!!  Rub it on your elbows, knees, and feet!  NIPSTICK is a FANTASTIC moisturizer for dry spots on other parts of your body too.

Now the BEST news!

Every single guinea pig told us that NIPSTICK did in fact soothe their overworked nips and they LOVED the application stick.  One gal even told us that she was nursing her teething 8 month old with NO PAIN after a few days.  Another guinea pig said her newborn was nursing every two hours and was not latching well and causing a great deal of pain.  She experienced IMMEDIATE relief after applying NIPSTICK.

IT WORKS!  I can't wait to try it out for myself.  Thank you so much to our testers for the feedback.  We are thrilled that it was able to soothe and relieve!

If you or someone you know needs some relief from the beauty of breastfeeding, stop by our online store and pick up a tube today!

No comments:

Post a Comment